Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft.NET compatibility

From: meson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft.NET compatibility
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:29:35 +0500

OK. So supporting ECMA compliant features is kewl. I didnt know to what
extent Microsoft is standardizing the .NET platform. But then I have another
question: If .dotgnu follows the ECMA standard to the letter, and Microsoft
also follows it to the letter, how do you justify the slogan 'dotgnu is much
more than .NET'. Another thing which I have seen is that the open source
movement has always tried to beat Microsoft. If you adopt the .NET
standards, arent you providing them the opportunity to say: 'We have this
kewl new platform which even the open source guys are embracing'. I now this
must not be the case and that I must be missing out something. Do correct me
if I am wrong...

Regards,

- Amir