Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:24:16 +1000

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> I agree with the premise and the application, with one addendum:
>
> it should be, I think, /usr/local/lib/csassembly or some variation
> thereof -- just because future programming languages may inherit the
> terminology.

Assemblies are not tied to specific languages, like C#.
Any language that can compile to CIL creates an assembly.
So "csassembly" is inaccurate.  "cli"?

We can't let ourselves be distracted by "theoretically,
someone might reuse this word in the future".  We have
to pick something, which is hopefully general enough
that it won't tie us down.