Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:25:52 +0530

If memory serves me right, Jonathan P Springer wrote:
> the BSD license, which AFAIK, has been labelled "incompatible" with GPL.
> (Don't ask me why -- the last time I tried to explain on a different
> list, a large flame war resulted.)

        Don't worry this list a bit more enlightened about GPL. AFAIK, BSD
license is a "convertible" license -- not "compatible" because it is
not copyleft.

> I'll refrain from designing this blind; I just wanted to be sure these
> facts were generally available (or refuted).

        The packet signing idea of PKI is better -- ie PGP style.
But SSL is for encryption right ?. We need both !. Use SSL
when we have support at the other end. But use PKI everywhere !.
The client can chose to ignore/handle it depending on the security
required.

<xmlpacket signature="....">
</xmlpacket>

        Also we need to consider that we may switch to jabber later.
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success