Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:07:36 -0500

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 02:53:31PM +0100, Philipp Haller wrote:
> Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden> spake thusly:
>
> > On the library notes, my research is 6 months old, but when I did in
> > GnuPG did not implement any "library" interface; all access to it was
> > done by 'exec' ing various aspects of the command line.  This is not
> > necessarily a Bad Thing, just something to keep in mine -- one must
> > either fork the code and implement a library-ish interface, or be
> > prepared for dealing with a CLI interface.
>
> There is GgpME - GnuPG Made Easy. It is this library-ish interface to GnuPG
> you are looking for.
> http://www.gnupg.org/gpgme.html
>
> Philipp

True, but AFAIK, GpgME is a front-end to a bunch of exec calls back to
the core GnuPG executable.  Acceptable, but hardly ideal.

OK, I'm done.  Whomever implements this gets to worry about it.  Thanks
for the check, Philipp; I should have addressed GpgME up front.

Cheers,
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen