Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib development

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib development
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:12:07 +0530

If memory serves me right, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> I don't understand the return objA.Equals(objB), but I probably would if I
> knew C#.  Maybe it's there in the event that the user has made his own
> Equals method.

        That's the function to check for equality of two objects. Like

|| if(a.equals("Hello World"))//typical Java for me
||     Console.WriteLine("It is hello world !");
|| else
||     Console.WriteLine("Oh no, it's sum'ting else :(");

        The class in concern ie the type of "a" implements the Equals
in whichever way it pleases. And thanks to operator overloading ,
I can even use this form "if(a==b)" even for objects and other
aggregated types.

> I would really like to know exactly what methods will be available from
> the runtime so I can use them when making libraries.

        Our current assumption is that all the ECMA specified methods are
available in pnetlib. This cross dependence will be resolved as the
library comes near completion.

> > Hmm. I just realized that I need to look at the HACKING file. And I
> > tracked down where I read that and noticed that Gopal said he is writing
> > up a FAQ. So, I guess that will answer my questions.

        Will publish a copy as soon as possible !. Will be put for review here
on list , before publishing it -- so that people like Brandon and Daniel can
add new questions.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success