Re: [DotGNU]Some thoughts about DotGNU

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Some thoughts about DotGNU
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:21:28 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Someone needs to download it and check for Portable.NET
> compatibility issues - which will mainly be in the area
> of PInvoke support.  (You're too busy Gopal, so let someone
> else have a go :-) ).

On the contrary ... I'm not really busy now ... (see mailing list
for proof) . But I'll be glad if someone could really bone up on
PInvoke and help all the developers incoming !

Also Btw, my system has no GL support ... (cut corners around gaming)
and I don't have too much bandwidth :-)

> > * CSant needs more documentation if we plan on using it instead of make.
>
> I agree.  I'll see what I can put together.

Once up on a time, I had started designing/writing a GTK+Python PyCsant.
It seemed a nice idea as editing XML with bare hands doesn't do any good...
Also unlike Makefiles, the XML files can be easily reloaded for editing
removing the traditional *proj intermediate files .

Anybody interested in taking that up will get my personal blessing and
all the help he can handle..

> The Mono project is already using jay, a C# version of bison.

Jay is a port of YACC , and not Bison ...

> Flex is less important as most languages can be lexed with a
> hand-written recogniser if necessary.

If someone can get their hands on a Free Java Lexer , I shall provide
help with porting into C# ...

> I agree.  I've made some approaches to unis in Australia,
> but the ones that are interested in .NET have already been
> sown up by MS.  We might have more luck elsewhere, but it
> depends upon contacts.

hmm....

Gopal