Re: [DotGNU]Some thoughts about DotGNU

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Some thoughts about DotGNU
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:22:50 +0200

Tim TerlegÄrd wrote:

> There is a multimedia access library, libsdl (www.libsdl.org), that
> covers 2D and sound. It works on Linux, Win, Mac and others and is
> LGPL.

The SDL api seems to be simple enough to port, but before anybody rushes
off to do this please check if there isn't a port already.

Audio support doesn't seem too extended however so I suggest we stick to
other alternatives for standard functionality and use SDL as an option
for programs needing different functionality (SDL is good for games for
example).