Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU -- The Book ? (was: Some thoughts about DotGNU)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU -- The Book ? (was: Some thoughts about DotGNU)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 19:36:23 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> I would suggest the use of LaTeX for the book , which would simplify a
> lot of things for a lot of people ... (like people extracting sample code
> out of .pdf files ;-). But plain text submissions can be accepted as
> it would be simpler for newbies.....

Just started writing in LaTeX and immediately realized that it takes much
more skill than I have, to typeset a whole book in LaTeX ... The problems
lie mostly in the layout model , rather than using the default stuff ...

I have typeset all my project reports in LaTeX , but this is really
beyond my skills ... :-(

But I can really supply the contents , most of it that is . I'm fully
free next week ... would anyone mind if I chucked hacking and wrote
a nice little starter attempt on "C\# with pnet " ?
(I didn't say weekend , I said a week !)

I would like to discuss this when we come to the pnet meeting this weekend

Gopal