Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (was Re: Us

From: D.I.Freeman
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (was Re: User Interfaces)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 01:41:02 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> Ironically, for a company that goes so far as to patent a UI abstraction
> mechanism (ultimately what we're speaking of) -- they seem to use style
> sheets that don't render well in all browsers...

OOh, is the FSF allowed to have patents? If a FSF project or OSS developer
came up with something patentable, could the patent be issued to the FSF (or
the developer and given to the FSF) so that it is then held as free for anyone
to use, and thus stop stupid companies from exploiting software patents?