Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU vs .NET (was Re: flexible for users, or...) User Inte

From: David Bradley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU vs .NET (was Re: flexible for users, or...) User Interfaces)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:02:26 -0400

Norbert Bollow wrote:

DotGNU is _not_ about cloning .NET ... we're planning
quite a few things that have no counterpart in .NET ...
and if you look at phpGroupWare you'll see that some
(relatively small) parts of that kind are already
available and useable.

That sounds interesting, I'll take a look.

(a) Make something similar to the good parts of what they
   create, while improving on it as we go along.

(b) Make good things that don't exist in proprietary
   software yet.

Look forward to seeing more of this. For my limitted exposure to open source, it's been more of the other way. The open/free source varient was more difficult to use and not as good a quality, especially in support tools.