Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: User

From: BioChem333
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: User Interfaces)
Date: 10 Jul 2002 22:24:06 -0400

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 07:32, David Bradley wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'd say it is "better". Was Windows was better because
> it was built on top of MSDos. It may be "better" from the view that it's
> easier and less risky than coming up with something unique.

Well windows is certainly better than dos, but that isn't saying much.
More to the point, GNU is __MUCH__ better than Unix, and the GNU vs.
Unix example is probably more accurate since we're not building on top
of the MS implementation of .NET, we're replacing it entirely. The
ability to compile to and use CIL with DotGNU just makes it easier for
people to migrate from .NET to DotGNU. Hopefully, we'll have some nice
extensions to it that will complicate the reverse process too; GNU
extensions are always nice. :)