Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:23:39 +0200

> > * Title of book.
>
> Whatever it be, don't say "C#" in the title. The focus should be DotGNU
> and Portable .NET, not the language. The language is secondary. i.e.,

The title of a book is part of marketing the book.

"DotGNU and Portable.NET" is why _we_ care about the book.
Thinking from this perspective is not a good marketing approach.

Rather the first questions to ask are:

* For whom are we writing the book?

* Why will these people be interested in the book?

Maybe we should have two books, one called "Learning C#", and
one called "DotGNU webservices".

In the book "Learning C#", we'll of course push Portable.NET
as the preferred C# environment.  Similarly the book "DotGNU
webservices" would push the rest of DotGNU.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member
Tel +41 1 972 20 59         Fax +41 1 972 20 69        http://norbert.ch