Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: Us

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: User Interfaces)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:25:18 +0200

S11001001 <address@hidden> replied:

> I share a quote from Stroustrup:
>
> "C has its problems, but a language designed from scratch would have
> some too, and we know C's problems."

I agree.  DotGNU doesn't need to invent any new high-level
languages at this point.  Where we want to add functionality,
we can do that in the form of libs that can be used from the
existing programming languages.

However I'd be interested in Boris' ideas for an "advanced network
operating system".  What functionality would this provide?

I propose that this should be worked out asap in some detail on
the conceptual level, and published by posting to a public
DotGNU mailing list -- this will serve as a source of
inspiration for development projects, and it may also become
useful as Prior Art.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member