Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: User

From: David Bradley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]flexible for users, or flexible for developers? (wasRe: User Interfaces)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:59:01 -0400

BioChem333 wrote:

Well windows is certainly better than dos, but that isn't saying much.
More to the point, GNU is __MUCH__ better than Unix, and the GNU vs.
Unix example is probably more accurate since we're not building on top
of the MS implementation of .NET, we're replacing it entirely.

Woops meant to address this as well. Yes, you're not building on top of an existing implementation but you are saddled with an existing spec. Designs can have flaws as much as implementation. And more often than not, design flaws are much more difficult to deal with. One good thing, though, is that the CLI design has some mileage on it, so hopefully anything major has already been discovered and addressed.

David Bradley