Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:44:29 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> I've completed the first draft of the control structures chapter.
> I've attached the text to this message.

Good work , but the doofus story needs polishing up ....
Put [TODO]s anywhere you're stuck ...

I'll work up a strategy for formatting this ...
(LaTeX vs TexInfo ...) ... Attatched is my LaTeX effort

`pdflatex pnet-book.tex`

I would like it very much if someone gives me a preview of any
other formatting ideas they might have ....

I'll be working on the OO side of business and I would like one
of the new people to work on the install side of life .... (I have
forgotten the issues involved in it... ;-)

> "Learning DotGNU -- C# programming with Portable.NET".

A OK !

> if(EXPRESSION)
>   STATEMENT (or BLOCK OF STATEMENTS)
> else
>   STATEMENT (or BLOCK OF STATEMENTS)

Please use the { 's and use small letters as far as possible ...

> STORY
> =====

Not good enough .... :-( ...

> -- ADVANCED --
> using 'else if', example:

Nested If's and Ternary Expressions don't qualify as Advanced/Expert
as this book is aimed at a person with some programming background
in a similar language like C ... (forget OO)

> SIDE NOTE
> =====
> This is a real improvement over the old C language in which when a break;
> statement was omitted the code of the next case block was executed, this
> created big problems and is known as fall-through.

Btw, the pnet cscc needs a break last time I looked (but no fall through)
, as well as missing codegen entries for goto and goto default ;-)

Gopal