Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:32:30 +0200

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> > I've completed the first draft of the control structures chapter.
> > I've attached the text to this message.
>
> Good work , but the doofus story needs polishing up ....
> Put [TODO]s anywhere you're stuck ...
>
> I'll work up a strategy for formatting this ...
> (LaTeX vs TexInfo ...) ... Attatched is my LaTeX effort
>
> `pdflatex pnet-book.tex`
>
> I would like it very much if someone gives me a preview of any
> other formatting ideas they might have ....
>
> I'll be working on the OO side of business and I would like one
> of the new people to work on the install side of life .... (I have
> forgotten the issues involved in it... ;-)
>
> > "Learning DotGNU -- C# programming with Portable.NET".
>
> A OK !
>
> > if(EXPRESSION)
> >   STATEMENT (or BLOCK OF STATEMENTS)
> > else
> >   STATEMENT (or BLOCK OF STATEMENTS)
>
> Please use the { 's and use small letters as far as possible ...

Would it be possible to make the EXPRESSION part bold? The electric braces were
omitted in, but I said statement or block of statements, {statements} is a block
of statements. By using braces a lot of programmers would type braces around a
single statements (creating a massive amount of waste bytes :-)

> > STORY
> > =====
>
> Not good enough .... :-( ...
>
> > -- ADVANCED --
> > using 'else if', example:
>
> Nested If's and Ternary Expressions don't qualify as Advanced/Expert
> as this book is aimed at a person with some programming background
> in a similar language like C ... (forget OO)

I thought it was aimed at beginners, anyway we might as well don't distinguish
between difficulty levels. Let's establish a little audience interpretation
here, I suggest we aim at both beginners and C-ish programmers.

Greetings,

Peter Minten