Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]The C# Book - The plan
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:02:35 +0530

If memory serves me right, D.I.Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Peter Minten wrote:
> > > * Do not created a bloated book, keep the book as concise
> > > as possible.
> >
> > Good idea.
>
> Um, at risk of making a stupid suggestion, we should be aiming for something
> about the same size as K&R, its small enough to be light to read and to not
> get bogged down, but well written enough to cover the core of what is needed.

Could someone define "bloated" .... my idea was a book which you could
browse through for learning and not use for "working" ... After all working
with C# is a topic for "Advanced Programming ...."

So let's concentrate on the new & easy stuff...

> Um, do we really need to have a BIIIIG reference book,

Not really ... you could buy the C# Complete Reference from somewhere ..

> but doesn't go into the detail needed to teach a novice, we will then have a
> book which is of more use to a developer coming from another language.

Yes that makes sense , this book aims at teaching a programmer from the
C++/Java arena .... (or a hardworking hacker from any language)

Gopal