Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:17:15 -0800 (PST)

Rhys,

I have created a readme file for the windows
distribution. when you get a chance take a look at it
and let me know if it looks ok. I want to include it
in the installer I'm creating. Here is what it would
look like:

Portable.NET
------------

The goal of this project is to build a suite of Free
Software tools
to build and execute .NET applications, including a C#
compiler,
assembler, disassembler, and runtime engine.

The product is available under the terms of the GNU
General Public
License.  The latest version of the product can be
downloaded
from the following Web site:

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html

    or

    http://www.dotgnu.org/downloads.html

PNET Environment Variables
--------------------------

Once you have installed PNET make sure to set your
windows environment variables as follows:

Windows NT/2000/XP : Go to the "Systems Properties"
window and click the "Environment Variables"

button. In the System variables window select the
"Path" variable and append to the end the

location of where you installed PNET. Also make sure
to include the Library Path (<Install

directory>\Pnet\lib\cscc\lib)

Complete Example: (C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Macafe\;C:\PNET\bin;C:\TREECC\bin;C:\PNET\lib\cscc\lib)

Windows 98/ME : go to (start -> run) then in the run
box type "sysedit". The system edit windows

will be displayed. Look for the window "AUTOEXEC.BAT"
window. Apend to the end of the "path"

variable the PNET Install Directory as well as the
library directory.

Example:
(Path=C:\windows;C:\PNET\bin;C:\TREECC\bin;C:\PNET\lib\cscc\lib)

Also I have built the Version 0.5.3 of PNET and 0.2.3
of treecc. Can I get PNET 0.5.3 & treecc from the cvs
or should I download and build the copy you have
posted on sothern-storm.com ?

Bob J

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/pnet-0.5.4.tar.gz

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/pnetlib-0.5.4.tar.gz

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/pnetC-0.5.4.tar.gz

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/treecc-0.2.4.tar.gz

=== message truncated ===> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE-----

> 1c43d228724c286e4991abc13b59e6f6
> treecc-0.2.4.tar.gz
> 220c7c773c72cf53be81e3f34c1c0606  pnet-0.5.4.tar.gz
> 46cae6d228380e29dd2f5e10f13f2ca4
> pnetlib-0.5.4.tar.gz
> 89fd00c877a90d02d1823bba749a91d5  pnetC-0.5.4.tar.gz

=====
Robert Johnson
48 Steeds Street
Galloway, NJ 08205