Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released

From: Michal Moskal
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:41:11 +0100

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:23:42PM +1000, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> The high points are the beginnings of support for Generic IL and
> Reflection.Emit, with lots of little bug fixes here and there.

Any idea about ETA of generics in ilrun? Also article in MSDN mentions
anonymous delegates, which seems like closures and function types in IL.

Unfortunately other parts of ILX (discriminating unions, don't know much
about closures/thunks/functions types) will probably not find their way
into ECMA specs :<

I'm quite interested in the topic, since I'm starting development of
functional/object-oriented/imperative hybrid language and would like to
use all this. Development is now in planning stage, so I don't need it,
but soon..

--
: Michal Moskal ::::: malekith/at/pld-linux.org :  GCS {C,UL}++++$ a? !tv
: PLD Linux ::::::: Wroclaw University, CS Dept :  {E-,w}-- {b++,e}>+++ h