Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.4 released
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:38:27 -0800 (PST)

I have changed the readme file to include a suggestion
made by Norbert Bolow. I have also omitted the line
about the "c:\pnet\lib\cscc\lib" directory. Your right
Rhys about not needing it. I have also grabed the
release traballs from the site and built the 0.5.4
distribution for windows. I also made sure to test
this distribution with GTK# and it works great.

When You have a chance take a look at the changes I
have made and let me know if they are ok. Then I can
finish putting together the widows installation
packages for PNET, TREECC and PNET-( I'm taking your
advice and creating a different installation which
includes GTK#). I will make sure to include references
to the gtk# project in the readme file for PNET-GTK
installation.

Here is what the Readme file looks like now:

Portable.NET
------------

The goal of this project is to build a suite of Free
Software tools
to build and execute .NET applications, including a C#
compiler,
assembler, disassembler, and runtime engine.

Portable.NET is part of DotGNU, a project to build a
complete Free
Software replacement for .NET - We're building a
system that truly
belongs to the developers. Join us at
http://dotgnu.org

The product is available under the terms of the GNU
General Public
License.  The latest version of the product can be
downloaded
from the following Web site:

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html

    or

    http://www.dotgnu.org/downloads.html

PNET Environment Variables
--------------------------

Once you have installed PNET make sure to set your
windows environment variables as follows:

Windows NT/2000/XP : Go to the "Systems Properties"
window and click the "Environment Variables"

button. In the System variables window select the
"Path" variable and append to the end the

location of where you installed PNET.

Complete Example: (C:\Program Files\Common

Files\Macafe\;C:\PNET\bin;C:\TREECC\bin)

Windows 98/ME : go to (start -> run) then in the run
box type "sysedit". The system edit windows

will be displayed. Look for the window "AUTOEXEC.BAT"
window. Apend to the end of the "path"

variable the PNET Install Directory.

Example: (Path=C:\windows;C:\PNET\bin;C:\TREECC\bin)

Also If I have missed anything let me know.

Bob J