[DotGNU]Fwd: Re: PNET

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: PNET
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:15:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gopal & Rhys,

I have been corresponding with Norbert about the
windows installers for PNET and TREECC I created new
installers (with NSIS) which automatically sets up the
environment variables and an un-innstaller. The
installers also give the options to install the
sources packages (treecc,pnet,pnetlib,ml-pnet) I have
covered most of the requirements established on the
Wiki with the exception of (From Things That need to
be Done: "This will display a brief message that
explains what parts of the .NET API should be avoided
because of the patent issue, and asks users to help
with developing a good alternative.").

Thanks to Norbert I have a place to make the windows
installers available. You can find them at the
following urls

Portable.Net
http/download.freedom.biz/contrib/bobj/PNET-5-8-Installer.exe

TREECC
http/download.freedom.biz/contrib/bobj/TREECC-2-6-Installer.exe

I am sending you this email that I received from an
"Ian Game". Apparently wants to write some sort of
article on Portable.Net. He has give some suggestions
about the installer that I thought I should share with
you.

If you guys have any suggestions as to the changes if
any I should make please let me know.

Any input would gladly be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob J