RE: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: PNET

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Fwd: Re: PNET
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Anthony,

>I would like to help you
> with the NSIS installer. For example, I could add a
> web installer to the current installer or
> Multi-language
> support. I could also translate the installer in
> French if needed.

A web installer and Multi-language support sounds like
a great idea !!

> If you are interested, I would need:
>       - a location where the LATEST windows binaries are
> stored (the NSIS web installer will automatically
> download the latest build there, if possible in zip
> format)
>       - the current NSIS script with the associated
> language files
>       - if you want me to include agreements and readmes
> the text files associated.
>       - contacts (emails) of the people who worked on the
> installer
>       - any additional informations (like the regkeys,
> default
> paths, ... etc) but I think they will be already
> included
> in your installer.

I am working on the new Portable.Net installer today
and should be finished with it an in few hours ( give
or take an interruption). I got a response to an
inquiry I made to the list from some feedback I got
about the new installer I created. The plan is to
create two installers for Portable.Net . One will
include the full source code for everything including
the NSIS script the other will be a light version
containing the Portable.Net Binaries and the library
source. The reason for this is two allow those folks
who don't have fats connections to the Internet to be
able to download Portable.Net easier. I have the basic
installer done all I need to do is a few tweaks of the
installer.

When I have packed and published everything I will
forward the information to the list and you so you can
download the "complete installer" and take a look at
what I have done.

Bob J