dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] Vision of debugging webservices : Interceptors

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] Vision of debugging webservices : Interceptors
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 00:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Norbert Bollow <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > I agree that that is definately useful and important to have,
> > > and I've added a "Webservice Interceptor" item for this to
> > > http://wiki.dotgnu.org/ThingsThatNeedToBeDone ... I think it
> > > would be very nice if we can include at least a simple xml-rpc
> > > man-in-the-middle interceptor with DotGNU 0.1
> >
> > I could implement this as an xmlrpc perl server however.....
>
> Sounds good.  I think that Perl is a perfect implementation language
> for this kind of thing.
>
> > In fact, that would be pretty easy.
>
> I think it's generally best to do things the easy (KISS) way :-)

Cool,
Then I could use XML::XSLT to process the filters inside of perl,
and do the transformations on the xml packages.

Btw peter, scheme, dsssl and xlst are related languages.
Did you think about allowing an xml syntax of the WebScheme?
Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/