dotgnu-visionaries

Re: [Visionaries] Vision of debugging webservices : Interceptors

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Visionaries] Vision of debugging webservices : Interceptors
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 01:13:16 +0200 (CEST)

> Then I could use XML::XSLT to process the filters inside of perl,
> and do the transformations on the xml packages.

Hmmm... XSLT was designed for style sheets, not for webservices.
For example, how do you use XSLT to transform data of type <base64>?

I'd suggest that the interceptor creates a Safe compartment and unpacks
the contents of <params> into @params in that Safe compartment
(each <value> becomes a tied object that keeps track of both the type
and of the actual, unpacked value).  Then the transformations can be
specified in the form of Perl scripts which will be executed in that
Safe compartment.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/