Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:53:10 -0600

Jacob wrote:
> I ran 'FTP_PASSWORD=<snip> duplicity -v9 /home/jacob
> ftp://address@hidden/store/backup/home-jacob/' and it all went just fine.
> However, when I run verify it says if can't find a thing.
>
> See the below output for more information, or let me know if you need
> anything else. I really want duplicity to become _the_ backup software I use,
> but I can't if it won't even find the backups it created.

From the command line '--verify' I can tell that you are running an
older version of duplicity (in 0.4.4 I separated actions and options).
Please upgrade to the 0.4.8 version on http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity/.

If you installed from the distro's repository, you may need to uninstall
it first.  Once installed, you should be able to run 'duplicity -V' and
see that it is indeed 0.4.8.

There have been a fair number of improvements over the last few
versions, so the upgrade will be worth it.

Let us know how it goes.

...Thanks,