Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] First full backup has no errors, but --verify does
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 07:30:54 -0500

> FTP is one of the oldest protocols around, invented when the internet
> was a friendly environment.  Now its not.  Yes, FTP is quite usable over
> the intranet, but you really need something more secure and standard for
> the internet.

I agree that FTP is old and outdated, however, there is no other protocol I can
use to back up my system. I could back up onto another computer on my network,
but that computer is over six years old and will soon be replaced with a laptop
that will be on and off the network anyway.

However, since the backup data is encrypted, aren't the backups secure no
matter what protocol we use?

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?