[eLyXer-users] brackets with \left.

From: Jens Nöckel
Subject: [eLyXer-users] brackets with \left.
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:13:33 -0800

Hi,
first of all thanks for making elyxer availble - I've installed it on my Mac for HTML generation from LyX and it's really promising, with great progress in a very short time.

The reason I'm writing is that elyxer gives wrong HTML output for brackets such as
\left. something \right)
where I use the \left. to balance the right bracket with an invisible delimiter. In the HTML output the left delimiter appears as a dot because the \left tab is recognized as a "onefunction" and immediately translated by inserting the symbol that follows.

I've looked a little at the code and see a Bracket class, but if I understand correctly it seems to be used only by the pair [ and ], and it also doesn't leave a trace in the HTML output (i.e., there is no surrounding <span> in the formula corresponding to the extent of the bracketed content). But I'm still trying to learn the logic of the code, so correct me if I'm wrong... Ultimately I think the \left and \right tokens should count as bracket delimiters, and some way of handling the invisible bracket for \left. or \right. is needed.

Right now I can fix this by post-processing the HTML do remove the
But I'm thinking that the Bracket class is probably the place where this could be fixed.

Cheers,
Jens