[eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer trial report

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [eLyXer-users] Re: elyxer trial report
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:32:43 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have tried out elyxer and would like to report on my experiences. Is this
> the right place? Anyway:

The correct place is either to me personally or (better) to the
mailing list (in CC). Let us move the discussion there if you want.

Just a general note: eLyXer includes a useful tool to Lorem-Ipsumize
your documents so they can be safely sent as samples. Just go to
eLyXer's directory; you will find a file called loremipsumize.py. If
you place your original LyX file there you can run
  $ ./loremipsumize.py mydoc.lyx loremipsum.lyx
or, on Windows:
  > python loremipsumize.py mydoc.lyx loremipsum.lyx
Any sequence of 2 or more words is converted to "Lorem Ipsum", keeping
the structure of the document. Note that individual words and numbers
will still come through, so don't use it for really sensitive
information.

Alex.