Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 17:45:07 +0300

> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 16:03:32 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> The existence of larger sub-communities like spacemacs or doom or forks
> like remacs is a bad symptom and a waste of manpower we really need.

I don't think I agree that those communities are a waste of effort:
someone needed to invest those efforts anyway.

The waste of effort is that those who invested them don't come back to
us and don't suggest to integrate those features upstream.  Granted,
such integration would need some additional shims and infrastructure,
to adapt the extra features to less monolith audience.  But those
adaptations should not be very hard to come up with, so the lack of
communications is unfortunate.