Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 12:26:08 +0200

> I agree.  I've proposed before to introduce a concept called "profiles"
> much like the existing theme support:
>
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-04/msg02032.html
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-05/msg01168.html
>
> I haven't yet had the time/energy to work on this, but I think it could
> be useful here.

Yes, I think it's exactly what we need, and it seems like almost
everybody is pretty much in agreement?  But somebody has to, like,
implement it.  :-)

A splash page with a selection for different
profiles/distribution/flavour/curated version or whatever we're calling
it would be cool: A vi-flavoured one, and a Doom-flavoured one, etc.