Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 03:12:55 +0100

On Sun, Sep 06 2020, Caio Henrique wrote:

> I wouldn't mind radical new defaults if I could easily disable them with
> some compilation flag like --with-old-defaults, or just adding a line like
> (setq use-new-radical-defaults nil) to my early-init.el.

FWIW, as someone who has been using emacs for more than 20 years and
spends 90% of his computer time in emacs, i wouldn't mind either.

IMHO, the odds that an experienced user of emacs would ditch it just
because of a (for her, easily overriden) default change are virtually
nil; with a new user, the situation is almost the opposite.

Just my old-timer 2 cents,
jao
--
More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy
denying them - Harlod J. Smith