Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 22:57:31 -0400

  > The waste of effort is that those who invested them don't come back to
  > us and don't suggest to integrate those features upstream.  Granted,
  > such integration would need some additional shims and infrastructure,
  > to adapt the extra features to less monolith audience.  But those
  > adaptations should not be very hard to come up with, so the lack of
  > communications is unfortunate.

You may be right.  I think it depends on what sort of changes they make,
and I have no idea what sort they are.

It might be that some of their changes are features we'd like to
merge in as optional features, or new options, while others are not.
Maybe they would be willing to contribute certain code that we would like
since it could reduce the continuing maintenance work they do.

--
Dr Richard Stallman