Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 02:34:47 +0700

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 01:44, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> > By CUA, Show/Hide should be a top-level menu named View.
>
> Really?  Even for setting persistent preferences?
> I can imagine using `View' for changing something
> for the time being, but not necessarily for
> setting preferences (persistent configuration).

Yes. In many applications, View is the place to go if you want to
toggle any optional UI parts (toolbars, sidebars, sometimes menu bar).
These toggles are usually persisted immediately.

It would be nice if the CUA specification was available somewhere on
the Web. Unfortunately, Wikipedia only links to an incomplete Wayback
Machine mirror that does not have the page on the View menu, so I
can’t quote from there.