Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 23:24:52 +0300

On 11.09.2020 13:36, Arthur Miller wrote:
Which distro does disable menus and toolbars in a text editor by
default? I don't even know of a distro that offers Emacs as a default
text editor.

This is about "Emacs distros" like Spacemacs, Doom and Prelude.

In some distros Emacs is only the "community effort", not
even packaged by distro developers. Anyway, if users choose such a
distro, which is not some of mainstream distros I guess, then they are
probably aware and experienced enough to sort out things for themselves
and enable Emacs gui if they wish, or they should be left to explore it
by themselves.

I tend to agree. But all popular "Emacs distros" do that. So there's really not much alternative for users who would like something different than the "vanilla" experience.