Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:05:35 +0300

* Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> [2020-09-28 06:50]:
> Each time you use the word conflate, I am unsure what meaning you have
> in mind.  What operation with these two sets that you mean?  Taking
> the union of them?  Treating then as intersubstitutable?  Something else?

Use that example, and imagine how a users are faced with so many words
that user does not know, is going to become unsure. You said it
well. That is why each word that one reads or writes in Emacs, should
be easily looked up for its definition.

And I mean each word, not just special or technical words. GNU has
GCIDE and dictionary servers, there is Wordnut, there are hacker
dictionaries and abbreviations.