Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 03:56:03 -0500

() Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org>
() Sun, 20 Dec 2020 13:47:46 +0530

   My use-case is very simple. I pull and make bootstrap
   daily. And on some odd day if the build breaks, I want to
   file a bug. If I have the information which commit broke it
   then it helps the maintainers. Even if the failure is
   monotonous (not sure what to call linear may be), that may
   help in narrowing down the issue. It could be inaccurate but
   still.

It sounds like you're talking about "continuous" vs "transient".

What you seek is the first in a series of failures, no matter
the subsequent outcomes, in an attempt to reduce the variables.

No matter the subsequent outcomes, because if they are:

(a) success (transient state) we still might be legitimately
    worried about that failure mode re-appearing;

(b) failure (continuous state) we want to debug w/ as few
    changes as possibile (reducing the variability).

Bottom line: first failure is easier to debug (usually :-D).

Did i miss anything?

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2020) Software Libero