Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 20:03:24 +0200

On 20.12.2020 19:40, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
So to use it we would have to rely on a GitHub mirror. Can/should we
do that?

There is one athttps://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/, but we don't
know who controls it, so we can't ask them to set up the integration
from that side.
I think anybody's that interested can set this up in whatever way
they want to.  The CI doesn't have to be a GNU/FSF-approved thing.

True, but such a CI shouldn't (?) be allowed to send emails to Emacs committers, I think.

And if CircleCI was, say, integrated with a GitHub clone of the Emacs repository, I'm guessing it would only send emails to the GH account that does the "cloning" and pushes to that repository. So some forwarding would be necessary, and at that junction the information about individual pushes (to Savannah's Git) is lost.