Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 20:10:40 +0100

I did a run-through of a bunch of the VMs, and we apparently have "make
check" failures on absolutely all of them currently...  except Debian.
Of course, the question is: Do we care sufficiently that something is
failing on NetBSD?  I mean, to put in some work on that, given our
limited developer resources.  Perhaps not?

On the other hand, it would be nice to know that Emacs builds at all on
Fedora, say -- it might give us greater confidence when making changes
that we're not breaking something fundamental on a bunch of systems.  Go
fast and don't break things.

If we want to do this, but don't want to prioritise fixing test failures
on systems we don't actually use ourselves, we could just disable test
more aggressively (and "FIXME" them).