Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 13:57:04 +0300

* Adrien Brochard <abrochard@gmx.com> [2020-12-20 07:24]:
> > Majority of users for the survey, if I remember well, came from
> > Reddit. There was description where it was marketed mostly.
> >
> > Thus survey is not general Emacs survey, it is survey of mostly Reddit
> > users who may be or probably are more skillful.
>
> What makes you think that people coming from the Reddit channel are more
> skillful? If someone googles an Emacs question, getting directed to
> r/emacs and finding the survey there is pretty likely.

"who may be or probably", see above to understand the intended
meaning.

It is a survey that targeted intentionally or not intentionally just a
subset of Emacs users using Reddit and few other popular websites.

Those who speak about Emacs on reddit in my opinion are minimally
slightly advanced users, as they discuss about Emacs.

I was using Emacs for years without discussing with anybody. Debian
popularity contest says that there is much larger number of Emacs
users.

The true representative survey information could be obtained only
within Emacs itself under condition that survey is presented straight
to Emacs user.

Jean