Sv: Sv: Emacs as a word processor (ways to convert Word/RTF proprietary

From: arthur miller
Subject: Sv: Sv: Emacs as a word processor (ways to convert Word/RTF proprietary files)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:13:10 +0000

I didn't had to work with office documents for few years, so I can't tell how it looks like now,
but what parts of text formatting does not work? They use to convert it pretty decently
before. As I remember it was usually if forms and scripts and graphics were involved that
it didn't work well, but simple text formatting worked well. I never wanted to pay for MS
Office, so I used at home open/libre office and was rarely founding a troublesome file.

I have no opinion on what should be done first at all. I was just reflecting on "unpleasant to
work with". ODT might be easier to work with sure. Problem with ooxml is that MS is not
really sticking to the specification and is doing things differently themselves, so Libre has to
emulate parts that are different then the standard MS specified themselves.