Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 20:44:00 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Then, we can allow people to donate/vote for specific tasks and
>   > important tasks should be able to get that much fund (I imagine).
>
> That is very terse, and I am not sure what it means in concrete terms.

What I meant is something similar to kickstarter/indiegogo crowdfunding
model. Instead of donating to generic Emacs development, the users may
be given an option to give donation for a specific task. The accumulated
donations will be used to reward the contributors who close the task.
(There might be issues about splitting the reward if several people
contribute to the same task, but I believe that it can be worked out by
setting appropriate policies).

I think the similar idea is used in https://bountify.co/, judging from
their front page.

Best,