Re: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 05:44:38 -0500

     > Maybe then on every use of old command we could display a message
     > that will suggest to use a better keybinding 'C-y' because to
     > hold the Control key, then type 's' and 'y' is easier than to
     > hold the Control key, type 's', release the Control key,

   Please do not do this.  I want to see the new search string,
   not some repetitions informational message.

   Besides, I may rebind C-y in a search to do what it used to do:
   exit the search!

Or we could just restore the behaviour to what it was -- why are these
things changed without doing some rudimentary query of users?

I too find this new behaviour annoying, and want it restored.