Re: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 06:29:47 -0500

   "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

   > Or we could just restore the behaviour to what it was -- why are these
   > things changed without doing some rudimentary query of users?

   Trying out new things on the development branch is fine.

There is a difference between trying something new, and changing
defaults.  When changing default behaviour it is a good idea to do a
initial poll before changing it.  It will cause less friction later
on.

   And the behaviour has been restored to what it was, so I don't get
   the point of this pile-on.

They might not read the commit history, or every single message posted
to the list.