Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: dick
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 16:53:29 -0400

[I have been individually instructed
[here](https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-tangents/2021-10/msg00001.html)
to express my differences with GNU on a mailing list no one
reads gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org, but being as no one else appears bound to that
directive, and being as I consider myself having more to contribute both
technically and philosophically than they, I too willfully flout that
directive]

SK> VSCode is less ambitious than Emacs, and is built on worse foundations.
SK> That means that their development will inevitably hit a ceiling, whereas
SK> ours won't.

Everything about the above is false.  Emacs development, for better or worse,
is hemmed by philosophical considerations that VSCode is not.

Silliness including EMBA and the handwringing over LSP and Github remind me,
ironically given GNU's ballyhooed respect for freedoms, of China's
miniaturization of the internet behind their so-called Great Firewall.  Like
GNU, Chinese officials maintain that the wider internet at large is plagued by
vice, and thus every conceivable service must be replicated *ab initio* under
their enlightened moral code.  The difference is China, given that it's, well,
a huge country, actually has a chance of succeeding.