Re: EBrowse obsolete?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: EBrowse obsolete?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 15:21:38 +0300

On 21.07.2022 14:44, Po Lu wrote:
It isn't so easy to use clangd on GNU/Linux.  The first thing it does is
to make my two-processor machine very slow.  Then I have to struggle
with include paths to make it find stddef.h in the right place.

FWIW, GNU/Linux systems are on average faster than Macs, historically, especially if one compares laptops which cost the same.

Even if said GNU/Linux runs on a Mac hardware, it's either faster or comparable: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=macos12-windows-linux&num=1

(M1 situation aside, of course).

That's not to say someone can't have an inexpensive or dated GNU/Linux system which struggles with LLVM or other programs.