Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Control help- and Info-mode buffers from other buffers
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 15:38:51 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

>> Maybe I'm missing something but I thought that Arthur proposition was
>> more specific to "help" buffers.  So maybe following this pattern it
>> could be something like this:
>>
>>   (defun scroll-other-help (&optional lines)
>>     (interactive "P")
>>     (with-selected-window (other-help-window)
>>       (scroll-up-command n)))
>>
>> … but then, we'd have to imagine what 'other-help-window' is.
>
> But scrolling commands are not specific to Help buffers.

Yes of course, but I thought that this thread was really about having
helpers to scroll (and more as it was it Arthur's patch) "help" buffers
(for a certain definition of "help" buffers) currently displayed.  These
would be specialized commands for sure but I think that would be useful.
--
Manuel Giraud