fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] status of "occasional droped lines of output" bug 32

From: Steve Steiner (listsin)
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] status of "occasional droped lines of output" bug 32
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:25:19 -0400

On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Carl Zmola wrote:

I have reproduced this at home and at work.

Apparently, someone has a 100% reproducible case on his local machine.

My Spidey sense is tickled in three areas.

1> Non-flushing on the remote side
2> Manglement on the receiving side
3> Thread shenanigans with filling up the output list

I think 2 is most likely (and easiest to test/diagnose anyway).

The return string is handled by passing an empty list to the thread to be filled up.

Then a simple "".join() is being applied to that result.

I'm guessing that there's an encoding/string/buffer type mismatch and things are not joining properly rather than the output buffer on the other side not being flushed.

If whoever has a reproducible local case could put some debugging output in operations.py around line 435 to dump out the contents of 'capture' before it's "".joined, I'm gonna' bet that the reason for the missing data will become apparent pretty quickly.

Thanks,