fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] status of "occasional droped lines of output" bug 32

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] status of "occasional droped lines of output" bug 32
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:22:28 -0400

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Steve Steiner
(listsin)<address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried to write a unit-test for this using a simple local() call to just
> cat a file that didn't have a trailing EOL char but couldn't get it to fail
> properly.

Well, local() and run()/sudo() are actually very different under the
hood and share zero code (simple subprocess.Popen usage vs complicated
network IO loop, respectively), which is why this problem can't
(unfortunately) be solved by using local().

I'll have to see what I can do; I would like to at least get this one
problem unit-tested as a way of breaking into the "how *do* we
mock/stub a network connection" problem. Not to mention actually
having regression testing -- fixes to this area seem to create other
bugs pretty consistently.

-Jeff