[Fenfire-dev] Re: [vos-d] a 3D interface vision

From: Reed Hedges
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Re: [vos-d] a 3D interface vision
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:44:17 -0400

Just a bit more...

My more philosophical take on the question "Why make 3D interfaces?" is the
rich and deep meaning that "places" and "spaces" include.  We are spatial
beings, existing and moving in spaces, identifying places, and most
importantly, building enclosed spaces to live in.  We also like to explore and
find new places.  There are many aesthetic and emotional aspects to being *in*
or *entering* or *leaving* a space, being in it with other people, being in
some spatial configuration with things and people.

In this sense, thinking about 3D spaces demands a little more of a
phenomenological approach than, say, reasoning through a language design.

reed