Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] OK, i give...
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:07:32 -0800

,----[ Karl Hanzel <address@hidden> ]
| At the recommendation of Luan Ha at California Digital (the supplier
| of our systems), i am using freeipmi-0.2.0, from source code that he
| sent me.
|
| At present, i am also working with Luan to diagnose an issue that
| might be related to IPMI, whereby some of our systems mysteriously
| power themselves up at midnight, when left off and unattended.  It's
| not 100% reliable that they do this.  I'm experimenting now to
| completely disconnect the daughter card to see if this "solves" the
| problem.
`----
I don't think this is caused because of BMC. Most likely it is bad
memory or power supply. Please run "ipmi-sel" or "sel" at the command
prompt (inband) and send me the log. I will be able to make some sense
out it.

Luan, can you please ask Mike Heffner to get all files from the
following folder. It has the correct firmware for Tyan S2881x
motherboards.

californiadigital.com:/var/ftp/pub/amd64-ipmi

Thanks,
--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31